Our annual general meeting will be held at 2pm followed by the scheduled monthly meeting. The agenda for the AGM is:
- Chairman’s welcome
- Minutes of the AGM held on 20 May 2015
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Annual report from the chairman
- Treasurer’s report and accounts for 2015/2016
- Elections: vice-chairman and up to eight committee members (nomination form)
- Appointment of an independent examiner of our accounts
- Any other business
Following the AGM, Geoff Saunders will give an illustrated talk on Europe in Space. He says: “The European Space Agency must be one of the best kept secrets in the UK! Nothing to do with the EU, countries of Europe have been co-operating on space science for 50 years and have achieved some spectacular successes – and quite a number of modest missions that we rely on for communication, weather and environmental monitoring.
“We are major contributors to the International Space Station. Europe has its own Space Port, at Kourou in South America from where European and Russian rockets regularly leave to deploy satellites, planetary missions and to re-supply the Space Station.
“The talk will concentrate on some of Europe’s space missions, past, present and future with video and animation to illustrate our achievements and plans.”