Full details of the South East U3A Forum regional summer school at Chichester have been announced.
The school consists of 11 courses running in parallel and lasts from Monday afternoon 19 June to lunchtime on Thursday 22 June. The first seminar is late Monday afternoon and the rest are on the following three mornings and two afternoons, about 14 hours in total.
The tutors are all U3A members. There is entertainment in the three evenings: a table quiz, the choice of a visit to the theatre (extra charge) or a film in the campus theatre, and a musical evening.
Here is a list of the course topics:
- Women, art and society
- A bridge refresher course
- Psychology: self and others
- Writing your life story – a practical workshop
- Music: classic albums of the 1950s and 60s
- Explore a slice of Sussex
- Painting from photographs
- The origin and wonder of fairy tales and nursery rhymes
- Walking the Downs and the coast
- Sixty years of changing Britain, 1935-95
- Mathematics demystified
Prices range from £315 for full-board en suite accommodation to £145 for non-residential attendance.