Reigate and Redhill U3A computer support team are running workshops to help members learn more about their iPads, and they have some spaces available which they are offering to members of other Surrey Network U3As on a first-come, first-served basis.
These workshops will focus on some of the basic functions such as email, using the internet, messaging, and managing photos, and we will exchange experiences on the “apps” that members have found most useful. Apps are the mobile phone applications, or programs, that run on iPads.
The dates of the workshops are:
Tuesday 5 July, 10.30am-12.30pm
Thursday 7 July, 2.30pm-4.30pm
Friday 8 July, 10.30am-12.30pm
Monday 11 July, 2.30pm-4.30pm
Please note the following important points:
- These four identical workshops are for iPad users only. We intend to run further workshops for users of different devices at a later date if this first series proves successful.
- You must already be an iPad user to attend these workshops, even if you are still very much a beginner!
- As we will be hiring the room, a contribution of £1 per member will be requested.
- The workshops will be held at the Community Centre at St Joseph’s Church, 122 Ladbroke Road, Redhill RH1 1LF.
- If you would like to attend ONE of these workshops, please indicate the dates you could attend, and we will do our best to meet your requirements on a first-come, first-served basis.
In addition, we are running a session for members who do not yet have a tablet computer but would like more information on which one might be most suitable. At this session there will be discussion about the pros and cons of different devices. The team will demonstrate their devices and outline their likes and dislikes. Clearly we are not in a position to make specific recommendations, but hearing from U3A members who own a range of devices will certainly give you some useful information to help you make a decision if you are considering buying a device. This session will be held on Thursday 14 July from 10.30am to 12.30pm at St Joseph’s, as above.
Please reply to David Fisher by Friday 24 June – email@example.com or 01737 243585.