As part of our 25th anniversary celebrations, the Portfolio Management group is holding a competition open to all members of Dorking U3A. Each entrant is invited to select a ‘portfolio’ of three investments with the aim of producing the greatest gain in value over a seven-month period.
The rules are as follows:
- Any stocks or shares must be listed on the London Stock Exchange, including the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) and the Order Book for Retail Bonds (ORB).
- Any unit trusts or open-ended investment companies must be authorised for investment by UK private individuals.
- Investments will be equally weighted.
- The period over which performance will be measured will be from the close of business on 29 February until the close of business on 30 September.
- For simplicity, no account will be taken of dividends or other income distributions.
- Entries must be submitted to John Holder before the market opens on 1 March, either by email to email@example.com or by post to 77a Middle Street, Brockham, Betchworth RH3 7HL.
- The winner will be announced at the Dorking U3A open day on 25 October and will win a prize of a bottle of Champagne from a leading house.
- There is no entry fee.
- The decision of the organisers will be final.
The Portfolio Management group would not recommend investing on the stock market for such a short period, or with such a small portfolio, but this competition is intended to be a bit of FUN.
Good luck everybody.